2017 Election of Directors
Peninsula Co-op has grown to a cooperative with a membership of over 85,000. In order to provide convenience to all its member-owners in exercising their right to vote, Peninsula Co-op is holding a mail-in election for the 2017 Election of Directors.
Election packages will be mailed to member-owners in May 2017. Any member who joins Peninsula Co-op on or before April 1, 2017 can vote.
So our members do not incur high postage costs we want to be fiscally responsible when mailing out the election packages. Therefore, member-owners meeting any one of the following criteria will automatically receive an election package:
- Member-owners who participated in any of the past four annual Election of Directors.
- Member-owners who joined Peninsula Co-op after March 29, 2015.
- Member-owners who received a T4A for their December 2016 rebate allocation.
- Member-owners whose purchases at our Food Centre were $750 or more.
- Member-owners whose purchases at Peninsula Co-op Gas Centres were $1,500 or more between March 29, 2015 and April 2, 2016.
Any member-owner who does not automatically receive an election package can request to be added to the mailing list by contacting Peninsula Co-op’s Administration office between 8am and 4:30pm at 250.652.5752 or 1.877.652.5752 up to April 30, 2017. After April 30th, memberowners can contact the election scrutineers. Election packages will be available up to the close of the election period.
Completed secret ballots will be returned via Canada Post directly to an independent election scrutineer who will control and tabulate the ballots.
Election results will be announced on the Peninsula Co-op’s website and at the Annual General Meeting on June 21, 2017.
View Nominee Newsletter (PDF)