2018 Election of Directors
Peninsula Co-op has grown to a co-operative with a membership of over 95,000. In order to provide convenience
to all its member-owners in exercising their right to vote, Peninsula Co-op is holding a mail-in election for the 2018 Election of Directors.
Election packages will be mailed to member-owners in May 2018. Any member who joins Peninsula Co-op
on or before March 31, 2018 can vote.
So our members do not incur high postage costs we want to be fiscally responsible when mailing out the election packages. Therefore, member-owners meeting any one of the following criteria will automatically receive an election package:
- Member-owners who participated in any of the past 3 (three) annual Election of Directors.
- Member-owners who joined Peninsula Co-op after April 2, 2016.
- Member-owners who received a T4A for their December 2017 rebate allocation.
- Member-owners whose purchases at our Food Centre were $750 or more.
- Member-owners whose purchases at Peninsula Co-op Gas Centres were $1,500 or more between April 2, 2016 and April 2, 2017.
- All North Island Co-op members joining Peninsula Co-op on April 1, 2018.
Any member-owner who does not automatically receive an election package can request to be added to the mailing list by contacting Peninsula Co-op’s Administration office between 8am and 4:30pm at 250.652.5752 or 1.877.652.5752 up to April 30, 2018. After April 30th, member-owners can contact the election scrutineers. Election packages will be available up to the close of the election period.
Completed secret ballots will be returned via Canada Post directly to an independent election scrutineer who will control and tabulate the ballots.
Election results will be announced on the Peninsula Co-op’s website and at the Annual General Meeting on June 27, 2018.
View Nominee Newsletter