Call for Nominations
Peninsula Co-op is 100% locally owned by our member-owners. Our members’ input is important to the long-term success of the Co-op. As a member-owner, you have the opportunity to nominate qualified candidates for the available positions on the Board of Directors and also vote in the upcoming Election of Directors.
This year, Peninsula Co-op will be filling 3, three-year term positions.
The Nominations Committee, comprised of three Directors whose term does not expire this year, is seeking nominees with the following qualifications:
- The ability to act in the best interests of all Co-op member-owners and in the best interests of the organization as a whole.
- Solid business, leadership, community and operational experience.
• Experience with retail business operations, preferably at a multi-location level.
- Experience with the development of corporate citizenship and how its policies can have a positive impact on business, community and the environment.
- Knowledge and expertise in some of the following areas: marketing, branding, business development, project management, corporate/legal, strategic planning or mergers/ acquisitions.
- A sound knowledge of financial fiduciary responsibilities, including the ability to evaluate the financial health and performance of the cooperative. Candidates must demonstrate a capacity to provide sound advice on a broad range of company, industry and community issues.
Nominees are required to complete the nomination package available on Peninsula Co-op’s website at www.peninsulaco-op.com. Nominations received in any other format will not be valid.
Nominations open on March 1, 2017 and end at 8:00pm, close of business, on Saturday, April 1, 2017. Nominees must meet the requirements of Section 79 of the Rules of Peninsula Co-op. The rules require that a nominee, or their spouse, joined Peninsula Co-op as a member-owner before April 2, 2016.
Submit completed nomination packages to:
Mr. Dave Page,
c/o Dave Hoy, CEO/GM
#1-2132 Keating X Road
Saanichton, BC V8M 2A6